I attended a meeting with my publisher today. We drank tea and eat cake. I drink a lot of tea.
Here is what I learned:
- Conjuring The Infinite will now be released in April (or early May at the latest) rather than March 21st.
- The book has been edited but needs to be typeset. The slightly delay will give allow for this to happen!
- I will need to sign myself up to something called Live Literature.
- I should also sign myself up to The Society Of Authors.
- Seth Kevorkian is a raving mad twisty and even the editor realised that as he went through the book.
- Review copies will soon be dispatched very soon to ‘all the right people’ – reviewers, bloggers, journalists…
- VAT is mind-numbing and tax returns are easier to do when one has a spreadsheet.
- ‘PLR’ is important.
- Two artists are in contention for the cover art of my book.
- Glasgow is easier for some to reach than Edinburgh.
- Not all preview copies of novels have cover art.
- My snazzy new Filofax has a To Do section at the back complete with boxes to tick/untick.
- Some Costa Coffee shops are classier than other Costa Coffee shops.
- I can eat cake and then more cake.
- The new Strident Publishing website will have an e-book section with samples of their titles.
- My book didn’t need to go through a massive edit and was relatively painless for all concerned. Thank goodness!
Hurrah! So there you have it – Conjuring The Infinite will now be released in April/May 2013. The wheels are grinding into action as I type and you’ll hear more about it soon.